CM Jerry

[Official] Nepton Owner's Club

DiceAir    0

how good is the 140xl when you install a 120mm fan. I have some cougar vortex pwm here and they very quiet while pushing a lot of air at full load. They quieter than the stock fans that came with my 140xl. I'm installing it for my r9 280xes and it's really good I must say but wish i went with 120mm radiator. 

Anyway so i have corsair air540. If I want to install the radiator in front sing 120mm fans at first will I use the 120mm fan mounting holes or must I use the 140mm fan holes. I kknow it sounds dumb bup just wants to make sure.

kivx    0

Hello guys

I'm gonna buy a new 12CM AIO liquid cooling, but I have to choose one between Nepton 120XL, Thermaltake water 3.0 Pro, Silverstone TD03, Corsair H80i

I was wondering which one has a better perfromance

I know CM's Nepton 120XL is a new product

Does anyone try it?

Thank you very much

Pclinde    197

Hello guys

I'm gonna buy a new 12CM AIO liquid cooling, but I have to choose one between Nepton 120XL, Thermaltake water 3.0 Pro, Silverstone TD03, Corsair H80i

I was wondering which one has a better perfromance

I know CM's Nepton 120XL is a new product

Does anyone try it?

Thank you very much

The new Silencio FP120 High Pressure fan is awesome. Great peformance and low noise output.

This is a nice review: http://www.ocdrift.com/review-cooler-master-nepton-120xl/

Cheers, Pim

kivx    0

The new Silencio FP120 High Pressure fan is awesome. Great peformance and low noise output.

This is a nice review: http://www.ocdrift.com/review-cooler-master-nepton-120xl/

Cheers, Pim

Thank you for sharing this review.

I just bought one yesterday and test.

I got similar performance between my Thermalright Archon and Nepton 120XL.

But the fan is not bad.

Like you said, the noise is relatively low.

My test platform is in my signature.

And here is an simple installation picture.

SptvkHSl.jpg

Pclinde    197

Thank you for sharing this review.

I just bought one yesterday and test.

I got similar performance between my Thermalright Archon and Nepton 120XL.

But the fan is not bad.

Like you said, the noise is relatively low.

My test platform is in my signature.

And here is an simple installation picture.

SptvkHSl.jpg

Nice! Thanks for sharing. The thermal compound also needs to rest, so performance might increase.

kivx    0

Nice! Thanks for sharing. The thermal compound also needs to rest, so performance might increase.

Ya...Of course

I reset the thermal compound everytime I install or reinstall a cooler and I use MX-4.

I think the performance is just like that.

However, it doesn't satisfy me.

I think 120mm AIO liquiid cooler has its own limit that can't afford platforms generating lots of heat or overclocking.

For advanced OC users, I think thay should start from 240mm ones

CM Patrick    34

Ya...Of course

I reset the thermal compound everytime I install or reinstall a cooler and I use MX-4.

I think the performance is just like that.

However, it doesn't satisfy me.

I think 120mm AIO liquiid cooler has its own limit that can't afford platforms generating lots of heat or overclocking.

For advanced OC users, I think thay should start from 240mm ones

Hello Kivx,

It is expected that the performance will be similar to your Thermalright Archon as it is only a 120mm radiator. Just because it is a liquid cooler doesn't mean that it will automatically out perform air cooling.  The 120mm AIO are more of an alternative to a high performance air cooler but you will  have the benefit of being able to use extremely tall RAM with out any interference.

I would suggest that you look at the Nepton 240m, Nepton 280L, or Glacer 240L if you are interested in a liquid cooler that will out perform air cooling.

Respectfully,

Patrick

CMUSA Support

kivx    0

Hello Kivx,

It is expected that the performance will be similar to your Thermalright Archon as it is only a 120mm radiator. Just because it is a liquid cooler doesn't mean that it will automatically out perform air cooling.  The 120mm AIO are more of an alternative to a high performance air cooler but you will  have the benefit of being able to use extremely tall RAM with out any interference.

I would suggest that you look at the Nepton 240m, Nepton 280L, or Glacer 240L if you are interested in a liquid cooler that will out perform air cooling.

Respectfully,

Patrick

CMUSA Support

I know.

I have no disrespect to CM's product and I merely compared it with my air cooler.

Of course, there's no reason a liquid cooling product must defeat an air cooler and I agree with you that it's an alternative choice for cooling.

It's a nice product itself, but it did not satisfy me though. That's all I want to say.

Thank you for recommending another products.

I will take them in consideration.

CM Patrick    34

You're welcome.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Respectfully,

Patrick
CMUSA Support