CM Jerry

[Official] Nepton Owner's Club

I dont like soft like Prime or other stuff like this cuz its readings are way off the chart :wink: you should monitor when gaming or doing something for real not synthetics.

Im using Crysis 3 and temps under stress 4.1GHz 1.5v are about 48-49 degr. ambient 28-30 degr.

So its very cool also the MOBOs temps are 12 degr. lower , so lots of improvement when i changed from Zalman Performa Copper (1kg with fan)

rabiestz    0

I dont like soft like Prime or other stuff like this cuz its readings are way off the chart :wink: you should monitor when gaming or doing something for real not synthetics.

Im using Crysis 3 and temps under stress 4.1GHz 1.5v are about 48-49 degr. ambient 28-30 degr.

So its very cool also the MOBOs temps are 12 degr. lower , so lots of improvement when i changed from Zalman Performa Copper (1kg with fan)

Now thats more like it.. When im playing BF3 and titanfall which is way less demanding than Crysis, the temp peaks around 58-60 deg with no overclocking. Are you recording with realtemp??

HWinfo64 in Sensor mode. Also you have to check how tight is it Put on Processor.

And check Fan speed cuz to Low in profile fan ex. 850-1000RPM you will have temps higher than on 1300-1600RPM

parsec    0

Hi, just started using a Nepton 140XL, after using AIO liquid coolers from another company. I must say I prefer the design of the backplate, and pump/CPU block mounting of the CM Nepton 140XL over the other company's products. Overall, the impression is one of higher quality than the other AIO liquid coolers I've used.

I do have questions, about the power connection to the 140XL's pump. It uses a four pin PWM fan header connection, and should be connected to that type of fan header on a mother board.

Beyond that, nothing is specified in the instructions about configuring the PWM fan header on the mother board. Any decent mother board provides multiple configuration options for their PWM fan header's speed control. Those range from Automatic, changing with increasing CPU temperature, to multiple built in settings like Silent, Normal, High Performance, etc.

Questions, what is the maximum speed of the pump? Is the pump speed meant to change, slower or faster, depending upon the CPU temperature? If not, what is the purpose of using a PWM connection for the pump?

My 140XL's pump runs at ~6700 RPM on a four pin PWM fan header, using the lowest speed setting I have for that header. I can increase the speed setting of that header in the BIOS or Windows utility, but the pump speed stays the same.

These questions are pretty basic stuff IMO, for anyone that uses AIO liquid coolers and understands PWM fan headers. Any information would be appreciated.

NickNasc    0

Same issue I have seen everywhere but no answers so I come to the source.  No matter what fan speeds I set in bios the fans run at 1800 +  THE NOISE IS DRIVING ME NUTS.   

Cpu fan is hooked to pump running on SMART  7K +/-    The Double fans set up in push pull are on cpu fan 2  

Tried SMART ,  Adjusting to each level in temps , Auto AND OVERRIDE static speeds..............

THEY RUN ON FULL NON STOP.

All other fans operate properly.  The temps in my case are all good.  CPU idles in the 30s 

SO how is this fixed?  My old cooler could do this at 100% and ROARING Fans 24/7 and it cost 30 bucks!

Any Ideas?

PS  PLEASE HELP me with this.  I cannot even work/Think with this machine , it is like being in a CARGO PLANE TRYING TO GET ALTITUDE!!!

PSS  YOUR  LIVE CHAT DOES NOT WORK

Drady    0

Nicknasc mate great question I have the 280L with the same question. My mobo is the z68 ud7 i7. My problem is that either via the four pin fan header or via fan controller the fans don't soon up sometimes or at the same time?

quote name="NickNasc" post="110396" timestamp="1406298514"]Same issue I have seen everywhere but no answers so I come to the source. No matter what fan speeds I set in bios the fans run at 1800 + THE NOISE IS DRIVING ME NUTS.

Cpu fan is hooked to pump running on SMART 7K +/- The Double fans set up in push pull are on cpu fan 2

Tried SMART , Adjusting to each level in temps , Auto AND OVERRIDE static speeds..............

All other fans operate properly. The temps in my case are all good. CPU idles in the 30s

SO how is this fixed? My old cooler could do this at 100% and ROARING Fans 24/7 and it cost 30 bucks!

Any Ideas?

PS PLEASE HELP me with this. I cannot even work/Think with this machine , it is like being in a CARGO PLANE TRYING TO GET ALTITUDE!!!

PSS YOUR LIVE CHAT DOES NOT WORK

quote name="NickNasc" post="110396" timestamp="1406298514"]Same issue I have seen everywhere but no answers so I come to the source. No matter what fan speeds I set in bios the fans run at 1800 + THE NOISE IS DRIVING ME NUTS.

Cpu fan is hooked to pump running on SMART 7K +/- The Double fans set up in push pull are on cpu fan 2

Tried SMART , Adjusting to each level in temps , Auto AND OVERRIDE static speeds..............

hmm i have Sabertooth 990FX

and in UEFI i have set 33% min and 70%max fan speed

and in WIn8.1 on Sabertooth ASUS AI Suite for OC and stuff i have set my own curve for fans (all fans including CPU fan) and max in stress 4.2GHz is 1.200/1.400RPM

and in addition to XFX (which is louder lol) when i plaing games it is unnoticable 4me

Check all in UEFI and OC soft for your Mobo

CM Patrick    34

Same issue I have seen everywhere but no answers so I come to the source.  No matter what fan speeds I set in bios the fans run at 1800 +  THE NOISE IS DRIVING ME NUTS.   

Cpu fan is hooked to pump running on SMART  7K +/-    The Double fans set up in push pull are on cpu fan 2  

Tried SMART ,  Adjusting to each level in temps , Auto AND OVERRIDE static speeds..............

All other fans operate properly.  The temps in my case are all good.  CPU idles in the 30s 

SO how is this fixed?  My old cooler could do this at 100% and ROARING Fans 24/7 and it cost 30 bucks!

Any Ideas?

PS  PLEASE HELP me with this.  I cannot even work/Think with this machine , it is like being in a CARGO PLANE TRYING TO GET ALTITUDE!!!

PSS  YOUR  LIVE CHAT DOES NOT WORK

Hello Nicknasc,

Please connect both Jetflo fans to CPU Fan 1 and CPU Fan 2 since these two headers are usually linked in bios. Then connect the pump to any 3 pin header on the motherboard. This should allow you to adjust both fans at the same time without interfering with  the Pump RPM.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Respectfully,

Patrick

CMUSA Support

Hello all.

I am in the market for a new AIO liquid cooling unit after my old H60 broke.

Will the Nepton 280L fit top mounted in the original Cooler Master HAF 932? The radiator screw holes do not appear to be aligned to holes in top of HAF 932.

Another question, this time about the Nepton 280L backplate and backplate cutout on HAF 932. The backplate cutout area on side of HAF 932 is cut to an odd shape & location and does not provide full access to backplate area on mainboard, as such, I am concerned that the Nepton 280L backplate will contact case. Is this correct, or will the backplate fit this case without contact?

Would a Cooler Master employee or user who has successfully installed this unit in same case please reply with confirmation?

Thanks in advance,

- Prospective Buyer.