CM Jerry

[Official] Nepton Owner's Club

bmwr606    0

_DSC0644_zps8c6a8984.jpg

:D

i did a chat with CM support and they said inlet/outlet should be down, so that is what i did

DaveLT    16

i did a chat with CM support and they said inlet/outlet should be down, so that is what i did

It doesn't matter which direction it's pointing.

I have Nepton 280L for about 12 days and im very happy wit' it

CPU is Phenom II x6 1100BE and easily go for 4.3GHz =<50 deg celsius Fan is 950-1260PWN whooa Monster. MAX is 4.6 but i will go for 5GHz when my build is Completed

THX CM :-) And God Poseidon give Us the Nepton 280L. Hail to the King of Water -> http://www.frostytech.com/top5_liquid_heatsinks.cfm
:D

But im waiting now for CM Cosmos SE cuz my Tower is too small for that monster so it goes with one JetFlo 14 for now with add Fan

Here is what i have now: June 15 :D

2qn03o0.jpg

• Upvote 1

rabiestz    0

Hello guys, first post, i'm afraid i come with a bit of annoyance, as i'm having a few problems .. i'm hopping someone here can give me a heads-up, because i've tried other ways to get support but i haven't managed to get any.

Ok, first things first. I have a 280L, and a HAF XB.

I've tried putting in tickets regarding my issues with both (yup, both), but it's been a week and i haven't had any answers.

Also, i've tried registering on the "main" (US) CM forum, but my account still hasn't been activated yet (2 weeks).

Right. The Nepton is listed as compatible with the HAF XB ("compatible:front"), and i did the mount by removing the case fans, installing the rad on the inside, and the fans on the outside, which is fine, however, the fans (being them 140mm and not 120mm, as the case fans are) are *just slightly* too large and prevent the front bezel from being reinstalled.

To be more specific, there's the front USB/Audio/Power/etc connector plate on one side, and the fan on that side is too close to it - the plastic guide line of the bezel doesn't fit back in with the 140mm fan, because it needs to slide between this and the edge of the (original)120mm fan.

Unfortunately i can't use the case's 120mm fans as they are not PWM.

(also, the fans dont really push a lot of air through, as much of it leaks outside the rims - but read below for more)

That's issue n1/

Also, i'm having some weird behaviour from the cooler itself.

The rig is a 4670k running at 1.050V Vcore Override - stock, basically - and x40 multi. The CPU was delidded, and both on-die and on the plate i'm using Collab Pro (the liquid metal thingie).

When i launch an app, say, a game, the fans spin quite loudly, almost immediately, before slowing back down. The cooler gets quite loud during this time. After this, it stays quiet, but the load is strange.

I've checked the TIM mount - the print is near-perfect. The fans are now connected to a splitter in CPU_fan1, and before they were in two separate cpu headers, no difference in results.

I have NO adaptive voltages in my OC at all, and atm, there are no voltages outside of stock (no VRin, no VCC, etc).

This is a very unusual behaviour since the temps never really go above 68c, voltage is fixed at stock (less actually, since Haswell comes with adaptive, mine doesn't), and imho the sheer amount of copper should be enough to soak enough heat for the fanspeed climb to be slower, instead of near immediate.

I've run 1.37V off a C2D on a 212+, and it was nowhere near as loud as this guy. Kinda worried i may have to get some new fans.

NOTE: the issue is not fan-mount related; i've tried with the rad outside the case as well, even a ghetto top mount (with cable ties, on teh top grill), and i had pretty much identical results. I also originally tried the - pretty much standard - 1.30V VCore@4.5Ghz, but the noise was immediate and extreme.

Am i doing something wrong?

Hello there,

Seems that were having a similar setup. I'm using the XB windowed top version but i think there are no differences with the other XB variants. I put the radiator inside and the dual 14 fans outside and it fits when i closed the front cover/grill. Maybe your build-in front PCB is a little bit dislocated. Anyway i wanna ask about my nepton 280l performance since its quite far from what they have advertised or legit testing from well know websites. My rig specification : 

- intel i7 4770

- gigabyte z87m-d3h

- 4 gb corsair valueselect x 2

- radeon r9 270x 

The ambient temperature is around 30 c. When running prime95 blend for half hour, it reaches 70 c in one of the cores. Similar result when running in small fft also. Running the latest 3dmark & battlefield 3 reaches 60 c. Ive been re-screwing the pump but there is no improvement also. I'm just wandering because the results were not even as close to what the other tester have yield. And im not even considering OC since its already hot. 

DaveLT    16

Hello there,

Seems that were having a similar setup. I'm using the XB windowed top version but i think there are no differences with the other XB variants. I put the radiator inside and the dual 14 fans outside and it fits when i closed the front cover/grill. Maybe your build-in front PCB is a little bit dislocated. Anyway i wanna ask about my nepton 280l performance since its quite far from what they have advertised or legit testing from well know websites. My rig specification : 

- intel i7 4770

- gigabyte z87m-d3h

- 4 gb corsair valueselect x 2

- radeon r9 270x 

The ambient temperature is around 30 c. When running prime95 blend for half hour, it reaches 70 c in one of the cores. Similar result when running in small fft also. Running the latest 3dmark & battlefield 3 reaches 60 c. Ive been re-screwing the pump but there is no improvement also. I'm just wandering because the results were not even as close to what the other tester have yield. And im not even considering OC since its already hot. 

What frequency are you running at? Also check your thermal paste or if you ever forget the plastic protecting sheet.

Check your pump speed too.

rabiestz    0

What frequency are you running at? Also check your thermal paste or if you ever forget the plastic protecting sheet.

Check your pump speed too.

Hello Dave,

When running prime95 smallfft, under 100% load with 3691 MHz it reaches 70 C. During idle, the temperature sits around 31-33 C on all cores. Using the gygabyte easytune app, it states that the rpm for the cpu "fan" is around 6553. For the thermal paste im using the supplied one inside the box. The radiator fans rotates at 1400 RPM under any load and i think that should be quite enough. And yes i almost forgot to remove that plastic film  :wacko: haha... So any ideas about temp. readings?? is it quite normal with you guys? The ambient temp. in here is VERY tropical and im quite sure that it contributes a major effects on the cooling performance..