CM Jerry

[Official] Nepton Owner's Club

DexMark    0
Posted (edited)

I set my pump to lower RPM and when CPU temp goes over 55, pump works on full speed (settings in BIOS, CPU i5 4670k @ 4.3GHz and z97a MB). Even with lower RPM high pitch noise was there (but highly reduced), and now, after 8 months I can hear it only when pump is working at high RPM.

Not sure if this is going to reduce pump life (and according to CM stuff here at forum, its not, page 24), but I am sure that if I left high pitch noise it would reduce my life, so I made a choice :D

Edited by DexMark

dwilko    5

Any noise even at half speed I'd just rma for peace of mind mine is constant non adjustable via cpu header only the fan speed which are on the rad alter speed and one is always on anyway. 

I rma'd my original nepton 240m as it was ticking but high pitch noise I'd just rma it mate if the 2nd one is the same it may just be how it is but I doubt it. No noise hopefully

dwilko    5

Any noise even at half speed I'd just rma for peace of mind mine is constant non adjustable via cpu header only the fan speed which are on the rad alter speed and one is always on anyway. 

I rma'd my original nepton 240m as it was ticking but high pitch noise I'd just rma it mate if the 2nd one is the same it may just be how it is but I doubt it. No noise hopefully

Posted (edited)

@dwilko

I think that many people got this but they just lower RPM. CM support said I should return it.

@DexMark

Same boat my friend, but lets hope no bubbles appear as I'm really tired of replacing faulty parts in this new build.

Edited by FractalEvolution

Anyone that has done an RMA on a Nepton 140xl, how long did the replacement take, and what did you get, since the Nepton is now listed as not for sale in the US?

I had pump failure today.  Hoping the RMA process is quick.

Mohd Noh    179
1 hour ago, Matthew Kogan said:

Anyone that has done an RMA on a Nepton 140xl, how long did the replacement take, and what did you get, since the Nepton is now listed as not for sale in the US?

I had pump failure today.  Hoping the RMA process is quick.

Hi Matthew ,

Please submit an ticket to CM customer services , they will assist you .

Submit at here : https://account.coolermaster.com/LogOn.aspx

PlanDreaM    0
Posted (edited)

I have a 280L with problematic pump (doesn't always start so I modded it to restart the pump with a switch). Is there any guide to open it and take a look?

Edit: Also, are there going to be mounting kit for AM4?

Edited by PlanDreaM

Mohd Noh    179

Just Curious .. why you not request sent an RMA ?

PlanDreaM    0
Just now, Mohd Noh said:

Just Curious .. why you not request sent an RMA ?

I foolishly cut the cable and modded it to a MOLEX connector, thinking I somehow damaged it. It is not RMAable.

dwilko    5

Hello plandream , I assume yours has ran out of warranty? If it hasn't I'd just send it back in as long as you haven't modified it in any way. Much easier with an rma.

As far as I know they are a sealed unit i could be wrong. 

Il have look see if I can find any tear downs on the net il post a link here if I can find any.