CM Jerry

[Official] Nepton Owner's Club

CM Patrick    34

Hello everyone,

Want to get a hands-on VIP tour of all the products we showcased at Computex 2016? You're in luck!

We're hosting private tours at our Chino, CA office on 7/8. Space is limited and we'll be only selecting a handful of people on a first come first serve basis. For those interested and live in southern California (or willing to make the trip), click on the link below to RSVP.

Click here to RSVP

post-89545-0-20904300-1465858542_thumb.jpg

Hello CM !

I want to ask you question:

The AMD ZEN AM4 is a round the corner now :glasses2: 

I want to USE my ALL Mighty Nepton 280L on new AMD ZEN 8/16 !

Tell me what we need? will you ship some free upgrade kits for Nepton 280L so we can Cool this Monster? :happy7:

Hello,

I just bought that pump, it makes a really high pitch noise and it's very annoying.

I don't know how do you people do about that, I wanted less noise with the product so I replaced the stock fans with 18dB fans.

Now the only sound HIGHLY noticeable, is the pump noise.

Can you guys help me with it ?

Already asked for replacement from amazon, but same result...

knud    123

You could reduce the pump speed by setting it to ~90-95%. That worked for me, but your result may be different.

Since installing my Nepton 240m cooler I have been having occasional issues with my cpu temps where they have been upwards of 10-30 degrees C above normal idle temps, let alone when playing games where sometimes they have reach ridiculously high temps of 80+ degrees C where I have had to turn my system off. When running properly I get idle temps at around high 20's to low 30's and under load sits around 40-50. When however my issue does occur, simply shutting down my computer and turn it on straight away resolves the issue instantly dropping the cpu core temps by 30+ degrees back to their normal temps. This issue never occurred before installing the new all in one water cooler and I was wondering what the issue may be.

dwilko    5

Hello hex sorry to hear your having issues , I'd double check installation of the cooler itself make sure your thermal compound is even on the face when you take it off it can indicate wether it's sat squarely etc just don't use too much or too little about a small pea size should do (anyone correct me if I'm wrong lol).

Then I'd make sure your pump power supply is plugged directly into the cpu fan header.

Using the y splitter I've got my rad fans plugged into the option header should work a treat. About 25 degrees idle and max of about 45-55 dependant on what your doing a 100% stress test may see 60-70 but I've not had higher than 65 in almost a year.

If that's any help let me know - hope you get it sorted bud.

Hello hex sorry to hear your having issues , I'd double check installation of the cooler itself make sure your thermal compound is even on the face when you take it off it can indicate wether it's sat squarely etc just don't use too much or too little about a small pea size should do (anyone correct me if I'm wrong lol).

Then I'd make sure your pump power supply is plugged directly into the cpu fan header.

Using the y splitter I've got my rad fans plugged into the option header should work a treat. About 25 degrees idle and max of about 45-55 dependant on what your doing a 100% stress test may see 60-70 but I've not had higher than 65 in almost a year.

If that's any help let me know - hope you get it sorted bud.

Hello Daniel thx for your support ,i did only one change moving the pump from pump header, to cpu fan header and i run the system 10 days without any problem, i think problem solved for now i hope. im using asus maximus viii hero motherboard with i7 6700k for any users they have the same problem with me.

Hello, I have 140XL and I hear noise comming from water pump. Noise is 5KHz-6KHz high-pitched sound (check video /watch?v=Nd33yt5GBHg). Radiator is mounted so tubes go up, and its in front intake slot on Define R5. Connection is done Y-Cable to CPU_FAN and pump to W_PUMP header. Once I lower W_PUMP header to 50% I can't hear it unless I open the case, this is not recommended so right now its driving me crazy. Cooling is great, stock i7-6700K goes around 65 C under heavy load in prime95/LynX. My motherboard is ASUS MAXIMUS VIII HERO and its reporting 6899-7000 RPM for the W_PUMP on 100% (suprised they didn't fix this, I have 2202 but I tried 3101BETA which wasn't stable for me).

RMA or 50% on W_PUMP header? (I know for a fact that other people in my town had same noise and probably lowered the voltage for over a year now)

dwilko    5

I'd try connecting to another header and see what rpm it is in the Bios just to make sure it's not a false reading and to see if the 12v feed is still the same.

http://www.technologyx.com/featured/cooler-master-nepton-140xl/

the table shows what wattage it should be drawing, mine is a nepton 240m and if I recall sits about the 2600rpm mark maxed out. So I'm unsure what voltage/wattage yours is pulling to get that rpm if the reading is correct.

personally any noise other than light humming and I mean light a single fan is louder and the occasional light ticking (ticking random not in a pattern which is just air bubbles which normally occurs when first installed.

Id check the above items and then if still the same rma no point running the pump at 50 unless the header is supplying to much current causing the overspeed.

@dwilko

I did what you asked, tried CPU_OPT (6899RPM), and CHA_FAN1/CHA_FAN4 headers (5200RPM). There is no humming, its just high-pitched noise that reminds me of coil whine. Everyone gets this false reading not just me. The problem is, is it trully false or its a broken pump.