CM Jerry

[Official] Nepton Owner's Club

Mohd Noh    179

How long does the pump last on the 280L . Who has the oldes CMN 280L pump?

what you mean?

sorry i dont get it you text :(

My English very poor

bote110    0

what you mean?

sorry i dont get it you text :(

My English very poor

How long does the pump to a Cooler Master 280L Last before one has to replace it?   and who has the oldest pump still running to this day?

Mohd Noh    179

How long does the pump to a Cooler Master 280L Last before one has to replace it?   and who has the oldest pump still running to this day?

this one we have to refer to Cooler Master Agent or Admin. :)

knud    124

With normal usage, the expected life time is between 5 and 7 years.

Has anyone tried the Nepton 120XL in a Fractal Node 304 itx case? I've heard people say that the 140XL is a little too large for it (if technically fitt-able) however the 120XL also has the extra fan making the whole thing deeper... Could I simply remove the exhaust fan & have the radiator mounted directly against the rear of case? Or would that adversely affect the performance of the cooler?

knud    124

I have no experience with that case, but you can mount the Nepton XL in the rear - that is normal position for most 120mm based water coolers.

You need to remove the chassis rear fan and use the Nepton fan(s).

Hello Dave,

When running prime95 smallfft, under 100% load with 3691 MHz it reaches 70 C. During idle, the temperature sits around 31-33 C on all cores. Using the gygabyte easytune app, it states that the rpm for the cpu "fan" is around 6553. For the thermal paste im using the supplied one inside the box. The radiator fans rotates at 1400 RPM under any load and i think that should be quite enough. And yes i almost forgot to remove that plastic film  :wacko: haha... So any ideas about temp. readings?? is it quite normal with you guys? The ambient temp. in here is VERY tropical and im quite sure that it contributes a major effects on the cooling performance.. 

Your temps are totally normal for a haswell CPU 4770's run hot..the IHS is not soldered to the cpu die so there is thermal paste between the actual CPU die and the IHS that protects it then more paste between the IHS and the coldplate/pump

What's up with the availability of Neptons at Newegg - or Neptons in general?  I've been patiently waiting on my server build at Newegg for the 120XLs to show up but none seem to be on the horizon.  All the 140XLs have dried up to...Amazon marketplace is selling all Nepton's at 2x retail.

Edited by Todd Jacobsen