CM Nick C

Official V series PSU Club

I just got my sapphire tri-x oc r9 290 in the mail and when i went to plug it in to my v850 i noticed the pci-e cable splits into 2 6+2 pin plugs at the end (effectivly 2 eight pins). I am wondering if a single cable can deliver enough power to the power hungry r9 290. so should i use two seperate cables (4 plugs) and have 2 dangle (1 from each cable) or will one cable (2 connectors) be enough to power it? thx

MincePie    0

Same light buzzing noise here. Bougta a V550 a couple of weeks ago. Gets silent after an hour.

I've got the same issue.  Light buzzing.  Even with the rocker switch in the off position and it's persistant, gets a lil bit louder when I flick the rocker switch on and even more prominent when the system is running.  

The 24pin Connector is also difficult to get seated properly, when it goes in it leaves a 1-2mm gap between the edges of the two connectors.

Also powering on and off there's a loud click.  I've got the V750.  Sending it back to the supplier tomorrow.

MincePie    0

I just got my sapphire tri-x oc r9 290 in the mail and when i went to plug it in to my v850 i noticed the pci-e cable splits into 2 6+2 pin plugs at the end (effectivly 2 eight pins). I am wondering if a single cable can deliver enough power to the power hungry r9 290. so should i use two seperate cables (4 plugs) and have 2 dangle (1 from each cable) or will one cable (2 connectors) be enough to power it? thx

1 cable is fine.

babushka    0

I own a V550 unit but something really bothers me.

The V series units are advertised as using 100% Japanese Capacitors but I think Cooler Master is lying. In the V550, the only jap cap I can see is the main cap which is made by Matsushita/Panasonic. I can see a Su'scon cap on the secondary side and I bet there are other caps that are non-Japanese as well.

Here is a photo from TechPowerUp. Look at the bottom left side of the PCB, to the right of the fuse. Its a Su'scon cac which is made in Taiwan.p

in_top1.jpg

What's up with this? GET YOUR STUFF STRAIGHT, CM!

/rant.

Pclinde    197

I own a V550 unit but something really bothers me.

The V series units are advertised as using 100% Japanese Capacitors but I think Cooler Master is lying. In the V550, the only jap cap I can see is the main cap which is made by Matsushita/Panasonic. I can see a Su'scon cap on the secondary side and I bet there are other caps that are non-Japanese as well.

Here is a photo from TechPowerUp. Look at the bottom left side of the PCB, to the right of the fuse. Its a Su'scon cac which is made in Taiwan.p

What's up with this? GET YOUR STUFF STRAIGHT, CM!

/rant.

Hi notgonnatell,

Please check this review: http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story5&reid=383

Cheers, Pim