Guest CM Vic

�Official】HAF Stacker Owners Club

Pclinde    197

I can't seem to find any retailer that sells the HAF 935, only 915F

Where are you located? 

Cheers, Pim

Hi I am a new user here

I currently using a CM Centurion 5 casing

but i am planning to purchase the 935 stacker for a Project Cars PC Sim build later this year

I was wondering if this casing is possilble to go with 3 way CrossFire with the possible R9 390Xs which are usually 2.5 slots wide?

so far many builds only show 2 GPUs but I wonder if 3 way is possilble without affecting cooling ability of the cards

also other than the older CM Silent Pro Hybrid 1300W which is the highest gold rating PSU

what other PSU will support 3 way CrossFire with a 5960X & X99 combo?

My main concern is it is better to route the PSU from the 915 to the 925 instead of running the PSU within the 925

are there any dust covers for the unused PSU slots?

Thanks

Regards

Dragoon

Hi I am a new user here

I currently using a CM Centurion 5 casing

but i am planning to purchase the 935 stacker for a Project Cars PC Sim build later this year

I was wondering if this casing is possilble to go with 3 way CrossFire with the possible R9 390Xs which are usually 2.5 slots wide?

so far many builds only show 2 GPUs but I wonder if 3 way is possilble without affecting cooling ability of the cards

also other than the older CM Silent Pro Hybrid 1300W which is the highest gold rating PSU

what other PSU will support 3 way CrossFire with a 5960X & X99 combo?

My main concern is it is better to route the PSU from the 915 to the 925 instead of running the PSU within the 925

are there any dust covers for the unused PSU slots?

Thanks

Regards

Dragoon

First of all, the 935 is getting hard to get a hold of so good luck. It does come with a cover for the empty PSU slot and also a black chrome motherboard backplate for the 915 section. If you plan on using an extra large PSU you will have to fit it into the 915 section. There are 8 expansion slots on the 925 section. You could look into the CM Trooper or Stryker case that has 9 expansion slots. The reason why most gaming builds only have 1 or 2 graphics cards is frame pacing or the cost/performance gain ratio I suppose. Frame pacing is an issue with multi GPU setups especially on 3 and 4 card setups. New Catalyst drivers are designed to where an AMD APU can improve this some. I would recommend using an AMD processor with AMD GPUs or an Intel processor with Nvidia GPUs anyway. There is a 1500 watt version of the CM Silent Pro M2 (80+ silver rating), but I believe the V1200 Platinum would handle a system with 3 R9 390Xs. The R9 390X is supposedly going to consume less than 300 watts by the way.

First of all, the 935 is getting hard to get a hold of so good luck. It does come with a cover for the empty PSU slot and also a black chrome motherboard backplate for the 915 section. If you plan on using an extra large PSU you will have to fit it into the 915 section. There are 8 expansion slots on the 925 section. You could look into the CM Trooper or Stryker case that has 9 expansion slots. The reason why most gaming builds only have 1 or 2 graphics cards is frame pacing or the cost/performance gain ratio I suppose. Frame pacing is an issue with multi GPU setups especially on 3 and 4 card setups. New Catalyst drivers are designed to where an AMD APU can improve this some. I would recommend using an AMD processor with AMD GPUs or an Intel processor with Nvidia GPUs anyway. There is a 1500 watt version of the CM Silent Pro M2 (80+ silver rating), but I believe the V1200 Platinum would handle a system with 3 R9 390Xs. The R9 390X is supposedly going to consume less than 300 watts by the way.

thanks for the answer

the reason for going for triple 390Xs is because of sceens which i want to power

i am set on three 1440P FreeSync monitors for Project Cars SIM racing

driving over 4k res with dual GPUs and maintain 60 fps is a stretch

furthermore the Titan X cost like 1.9k where i live

that equals to three 290Xs

thanks for the answer

the reason for going for triple 390Xs is because of sceens which i want to power

i am set on three 1440P FreeSync monitors for Project Cars SIM racing

driving over 4k res with dual GPUs and maintain 60 fps is a stretch

furthermore the Titan X cost like 1.9k where i live

that equals to three 290Xs

Well if you have your heart set on the 935 and you find it for sale you should buy it sooner rather than later. The stacker series has been discontinued.

Pclinde    197

I'm located in the Netherlands, Assen

I will contact CM HQ for you. ;)

• Upvote 1