Sign in to follow this  
Jaime

Hyper N-520 good enough for an FX 8350?

Jaime    0

Hi guys,

Building a new rig at the end of the month and trying to save a little cash by re-using my Hyper N-520 on an AMD FX 8350. The motherboard is an Asus Sabertooth 990FX/Gen3 R2.0. Also, any idea if the N-520 fan will get in the way of the RAM slot closest to the CPU? It's hard to tell from looking at the board. The RAM will be G.Skill Sniper Series.

I don't plan on doing any overclocking at first, but when I do I'll most likely go with liquid cooling. So basically the N-520 will be a temporary solution for a month or two.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

footman    0

The FX 8350 has a 125w TDP and the N520 is good for 150W dissipation, so you should be good to go. Its not a huge cooler so you should have no trouble with your ram. Why not just use the retail cooler that comes with it for the next month? It's designed for this cpu. You say that you will most likely upgrade to water soon after. The retail cooler will be fine unless you plan to overclock immediately.

Good luck.