Sign in to follow this  
PuzZah

Dual CPU Water Cooling

PuzZah    0
no offence you dont seem to enlightened in computer hardware maybe you should wise up before making a dual cpu system, as most programs are not written to make use of dual cpu's

Yeah I did know this, and the CPU intensive software I will be using according to experienced users, does take advantage of dual CPU and 64 bit processors.

I will be running some quite intensive server software, while also using it as a pc, often at the same time. This is why it needs to be quite a powerful system.

Stacker is the best case out there. Also, make sure you get the Crossflow fan . And dual CPU's isn't really more powerful, because the 2nd one only gets used when the 1st one is on full load.

Didn't know that. Will look into how the software affects a single processor and whether a single processor will be sufficient. Many people I've spoken to about this have been running Dual Xeons purely because they're more widely available however I'm not very partial to Pentium systems, I've always felt they peform on a lower par. Whether that's opinion or fact, I'd still like to go with AMD.

Any recommendations on AMD CPUs for performance if I do opt for a single CPU solution? Athlon 64 FX-55 any good?

Cobra19    0

You can't ask for anything better than the FX-55...thats the best..costly but the best.The last price i've seen is $874...so its up to u to decide whether its worth it for u or not......

the germans got some low noise fans from papst i got one in mines i dus ot make high noise but the VFM that is gives is also low like 32CFM aganst 19Dba

and i cost around 5 euros a piece

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

you do not need an fx55 for a servr a lower one will do fien without the price tag. what sort of server software is it and what sort of things is going to beused as aserverfor games, file server webserving email server, router or what?

Btw you need aa low noise Water cooling

ther Passive Water Cooling rods may be something

http://www.alphacool.de/perl/shop.pl?s=449873e9a060dbcbcf9b&l=2&rm=show_art&menu_id=2&prod_id=140&art_kz=149

you can make then 12x/1x or 2x/2x

they also come in komplete kits

like these

11107_1.jpg

http://www.alphacool.de/perl/shop.pl?s=449873e9a060dbcbcf9b&l=2&rm=show_art&menu_id=2&prod_id=100

hoped i helped you with this

PuzZah    0
as i sad to johan, you can go with asetek waterchill. i have a kit from that company and the installation isn't very diffucult at all. here's a link from where i bought it - http://www.chillblast.com

if you want to find other reseller's go on http://www.asetek.com and click on how to buy.

hope this helps :wink:

I've just been reading a review and installation guide of this. Looks quite promising. However, none of the guides I read specified where the resivior and pump are mounted. Would you mind enlightening me?

As for the type of software; its MMORPG software which potentially holds 1000 players+ obviously depending on the internet connection. It really is very cpu intensive.

well the pump and res can be placed anywhere you like it aslong you keep the pump at the bottom of you case

bu me whould place te res at the back of the case and mount i on the Fan holes

the pump (depends on case) near the Hardrives

in the center of the case

then you connect it so i will run eficent and smooth

Johan    0
well the pump and res can be placed anywhere you like it aslong you keep the pump at the bottom of you case

bu me whould place te res at the back of the case and mount i on the Fan holes

the pump (depends on case) near the Hardrives

in the center of the case

then you connect it so i will run eficent and smooth

He's right.

Where you like to put the pump and the tank is up to your imagination, within limits I suppose.

As for my own case, I prefer to have everything inside except for the tank for easy access to fill and monitor the water level. The tank is also the highest point of my system since in such way, the pump don't need to suck up the water. Static pressure simply.

I have a picture here at some place.... Let me see if I can upload it for you...

Tank.jpg

Yes, I could....

And the pump is all the way down... Hm, this was during testing that's why the mess in the case.

Installedleaktest.jpg

PuzZah    0

Ok beginning to get a bit more of a picture now. Some kits i noticed have their pumps and tanks mounted in 5.25" bays such as the aquagate and a couple of others. With kits such as the asetek waterchill, the pump and tank obviously do not fit into a bay. How are they mounted, screws or another method?

With the radiator, is it best to have an outflowing or inflowing fan as I've read to contradictory reviews now and was wondering which would be best.

Also, in the 2nd picture you posted, is there any reason for the seemingly different tubing at different points?

Thanks,

Ben

P.s. What's the blue tank on the side of your case. That looks nothing like the resivior of the asetek waterchill...

Thanks

Johan    0

The tank is a Danger Den design and make.

The reason why the hoses are differnent is because this was just a test for leaks after it has been tested outside. I did put this different hose in order to not to cut the more blue hose more untill I made the final installation.

I think, and I think many here would agree, that planing is a very important part when it comes to watercooling.

What I do is more or less before any hands on work:

1. What type of system do I want to have? Ready made of the shelf, only parts of the shelf or totally home made?

When I know that, next question is if my case would fit for it? Where to put the different parts? Can I get the info about size, mounting, specs from the internet? Has it been done before and how did it work etc?

Does the mounting holes on the Motherboard, Northbridge, VPU fitt to the water block? Upgrade the PSU?

To put is more simple, do your homework and source for info. Reviews are a good thing but forums such as this one are better. See what people complain about or like.

As for the Asetec pump it's mounted with this kind of suction feet.... The problem is that after a while those feet will pop of the case and the whole thing will tilt forward I read in a forum.

The fan flow... That's a good question! I wonder myself now too...