Sign in to follow this  
PuzZah

Dual CPU Water Cooling

PuzZah    0

I've been told that dual AMD systems are possible, and I've been recommended the AMD Athlon 64 FX-51. However, members of my household complain about the noise my existing system makes which only has two fans and in truth is actually really quiet so low noise in my currently being planned system is paramount.

This is why I'm looking into water cooling. However, with dual AMD Athlon 64 FX-51s and a VPU to cool, I need something quite spectacular I would presume unless I use multiple water cooling systems(preferably not an option). This will be my first water cooled system so something moderately simple would be ideal although I accept this may not be possible.

I'm looking for recommendations on methods of cooling this presumably high temperature system with absolute minmal noise.

Regards,

Ben

VoongKoong    0

What case do you have? And FX-51's have basically the same speeds as a Athlon 64 3400+, a much cheaper CPU.

Mr. Miyagi    2

You could go with 2 Aquagates, but I don't think you would like that. I heard they are coming with a block accessory for dual CPUs though (along with a VGA block). If you would like to go air, I think the Hyper 48 is your best bet. It has great cooling, but it has a 92mm fan that is rated at 19db so it's silent. Another thing you could get for your VGA card is the CoolViva. It'll cool your card yet it is silent. Just remember to use AS5 for even better cooling.

PuzZah    0
What case do you have? And FX-51's have basically the same speeds as a Athlon 64 3400+, a much cheaper CPU.

Case hasn't been decided yet. I think I need something with at least 5 5.25" bays, or more if I require two aquagates. This is to house a DVD ROM, and a CD rewriter, an existing Coolermaster: Cool Drive 4, and an aquagate.

Having never built a Dual cpu system before, I was wondering do they fit into standard ATX cases or are special ones required. Also, I presume they still fit all standard components (PCI etc)?.

Anyone recommend any cases? I've only been able to find a couple and they haven't been suitable. Any idea what the case in: http://hardocp.com/image.html?image=MTE ... 8yX2wuanBn is? As that case seems large enough, nicely laid out in termsn of organisation of hardware and has ample storage space. If not that case, something similar?

Regards,

Ben

Cobra19    0

That case can be either the Lian li V1000 or the V1200 and i think there's another that's larger(pretty nice case)..But i would recommend a case that's gonna have u set at least 2 aquagates and still give u enough 5.25 bays for ur stuff...and that's the CM Stacker...I'm sure u know about that. That's one of the best cases there is..u'lll always have room for expansion :D ..Here's a linkhttp://www.coolermaster.com/index.php?LT=english&Language_s=2&url_place=product&p_serial=STC-T01&other_title=+STC-T01+CM%20Stacker

...And also its very well cooled with CM's best 120mm fans....

Mr. Miyagi    2

I would go with the Stacker too. It has tons of room and amazing cooling.

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

no offence you dont seem to enlightened in computer hardware maybe you should wise up before making a dual cpu system, as most programs are not written to make use of dual cpu's

VoongKoong    0

Stacker is the best case out there. Also, make sure you get the Crossflow fan :D . And dual CPU's isn't really more powerful, because the 2nd one only gets used when the 1st one is on full load.

Mr. Miyagi    2

He probably will not be able to use the Cross Flow Fan since most Dual CPU motherboard are E-ATX.