5. Disable

6. Reconnect

7. Test – Inferno works

8. Unplug cables

9. Mouse not responding - Software

10. Inferno unboxing/overview (Video)

11. Fix Inferno Firmware Error Code=21, Step=4

-----

This guide will support you with issues that you may have encountered with your Inferno.

Note: Before you reply on this guide make sure you have taken steps that are noted below.

-----

1. Reinstall Drivers

Unplug your inferno -> Uninstall Inferno software -> Reboot your PC -> Reinstall the Inferno software.

Important; Get the latest software at: http://www.cmstorm.com/en/products/peripherals/inferno/

After completing the installation plug in your mouse and see if it works. If not try to plug it in a different USB-Port and see what happens.

If it’s not working try this with Windows Safe mode -> restart your PC -> Hit F8 before the Windows boot up logo appears you will get a list; Select Windows Safe mode with internet (so you can download the latest software from cmstorm.com) Take the same steps as above and see how it works out.

-----

2. USB UP-TO-DATE

! Windows users XP/Vista/7/8: Make sure your motherboard USB drivers are up-to-date!

-----

3. Device Manager USB - CHECK

Insert your Inferno software CD, after that check your Device Manager if the USB connector from the Inferno is recognized. Hit your Windows start button fill in: Device Manager a window will pop up now.

Check the USB section in the list and check if there is a yellow exclamation icon listed. Exclamation mark -> right click -> update driver -> browse on your computer -> browse your CD on D:\ and try to update it.

-----

4. Windows 7 – Devices

Note this is for Windows 7 users: Click your Windows start button go to -> devices and printers -> check the tab devices for: CM STORM INFERNO GAMING MOUSE if it’s not shown your mouse is not recognized by your PC. If it’s listed there with a yellow exclamation mark right click it -> solve problem(s) and take the necessary steps that Windows advices you.

-----

5. Disable

Disable all mouse additional functions (shadows, trails, non-default pointer shapes, precision enhancement, Snap-To, Hide-pointer-while-typing).

-----

6. Reconnect

Reconnect your mouse while your PC is on and booted in Windows (try this in various USB -Ports).

-----

7. Test – Inferno works

If the mouse is not working by now test it on an other PC/Notebook -> Connect the Inferno -> Install Inferno software; get the latest software on:

http://www.cmstorm.com/en/products/peripherals/inferno/

This will make sure that your Inferno is working or not on an other PC/Notebook.

-----

8. Unplug cables

Turn OFF your PC and plug out (all) the cables connected to your PC. Turn of the PSU (with the switch on the back) Keep your PC unplugged/unpowered for 5 minutes after this plug-in all your cables and turn on your PC check if the Inferno is responding now.

-----

9. Mouse not responding - Software

Unplug your Inferno and download the following file:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6MT49IGO

After it's complete connect your Inferno.

-----

10. Inferno unboxing/overview (Video)

-----

11. Fix Inferno Firmware Error Code=21, Step=4

CM Inferno Mouse isn't responding after Firmware update Error Code=21, Step=4. (Known to be caused by Windows 7 64bit Systems)

1. Find a Windows XP 32-bit System. (If you do not have a Windows XP Computer, view this website to emulate it: http://www.virtualbox.org)

2. Install INFERNO Drivers and Software via CD or from HERE.

3. Navigate to "C: /Program Files/Cooler Master/INFERNO"

4. Open "UpdateInferno.exe"

5. Click "Update" and select the file in the pop-up window named "InfernoOrg.dxn" Click Open.

6. Once the update is complete, you're done!

(Fix Inferno Firmware Error Code=21: Special thanks to Arlen10 & Allygray)

-----

If your Inferno mouse is not working after these steps please reply to this thread. Make sure you support us with detailed information such:

1. What problem did you encounter?

2. When did it occur?

3. When did you buy the product? (Date)

4. Where did you buy it? (Store)

With the information we gather we can solve more issues and help our fellow Storm members!

Problem not solved yet? Please contact for support with the following support form: http://www.cmstorm.com/en/support/22/

The guide will be updated with new information and tips & tricks.

B/rgds,

Pclinde

MattE    0

Hi I know this is an old topic but I have a problem. I downloaded the latest version of Inferno Application Software V1.2.0. But it wont install the drivers. I click on CDRun_EN and it gives me 3 options. 

1. Driver Installation

2. Driverless Execution

3. Cancel

I click on Driver Installation and it just disappears.

I have run it as administrator as well and its still the same. 

My device manager just shows my mouse as a HID Compliant Mouse.

The problem I have is that sometimes on boot my mouse doesn't work and I have to manually unplug then re-plug it in for it to respond.

Please can you Help

Roberts83    0

@ MattE: I had the same problem with HID Compliant Mouse - could not install Drivers other than those. These actually seem OK if you can run the Inferno.exe file. Run as administrator - this worked for me. Suddenly the program stopped showing the "Mouse not detected" message and launched normally.

Pclinde    197

@ MattE: I had the same problem with HID Compliant Mouse - could not install Drivers other than those. These actually seem OK if you can run the Inferno.exe file. Run as administrator - this worked for me. Suddenly the program stopped showing the "Mouse not detected" message and launched normally.

Does it work properly now?

Roberts83    0

Does it work properly now?

It seems so. Previously I was unable to launch the Inferno application or change the drivers (I misplaced my CD and there was no driver file sep[arate from the Inferno_sw_v1.2.0 downloadable available on the official website.

The mouse is not recognised ("Mouse not detected") unless I run Inferno.exe as administrator. If I do so it detects the mouse and I am able to use all mouse buttons and configure it properly.

Pclinde    197

It seems so. Previously I was unable to launch the Inferno application or change the drivers (I misplaced my CD and there was no driver file sep[arate from the Inferno_sw_v1.2.0 downloadable available on the official website.

The mouse is not recognised ("Mouse not detected") unless I run Inferno.exe as administrator. If I do so it detects the mouse and I am able to use all mouse buttons and configure it properly.

Strange... Have you experienced the same issue on other PC's or laptops?

Roberts83    0

Strange... Have you experienced the same issue on other PC's or laptops?

No, and only recently on my current one. I susspect updating from Win 8 to Win 8.1 although that's just for the lack of other potential reasons.

Pclinde    197

No, and only recently on my current one. I susspect updating from Win 8 to Win 8.1 although that's just for the lack of other potential reasons.

Hmm, that's really strange, I have sent an email to HQ.

MattE    0

Hi guys, sorry been away and only Just seen this thread. There are some issues with the latest software for this device. I have also found that once you go with driverless installation the mouse can become unresponsive.

Pim van der Linde sent me the original 1.1 drivers and it cured all.

I can host them and post a link if you want to give them a go.

Let me know and as soon as Im at home I'l do it

Pclinde    197

Hi guys, sorry been away and only Just seen this thread. There are some issues with the latest software for this device. I have also found that once you go with driverless installation the mouse can become unresponsive.

Pim van der Linde sent me the original 1.1 drivers and it cured all.

I can host them and post a link if you want to give them a go.

Let me know and as soon as Im at home I'l do it

Thanks for your reply! I made it available already, thanks dude! :D

http://community.coolermaster.com/index.php/topic/12041-cm-storm-inferno-mouse-not-detected-problem-windows-81-fix/