redserv

Change LED's in I/O Front panel

redserv    0

hello guys, I am a proud owner of the CM storm stryker,I really love this case,However i would like mod this case abit, I was thinking about changing the Leds in the i/o panel from red to White, I will like to change all of them, I noticed that there are three SMD leds in the panel, anyone did this mod before, can you guys give me the specs of the leds that i would need,and maybe where i can purchase them online?Thanks in advance.

redserv    0

ok guys after not getting much information about changing the LEDS on the Front I/O panel of CM Storm Stryker here, I was searching the Internet and finally got some information for this mod.

Parts List: [4x] 3mm Round top Clear Leds [Forward Voltage 3.0-3.4V] 20mA I used white

[3X] 0805 SMD LEDS [Forward Voltage 3.0-3.2V] 20mA I used white

it was a pain to change some of the leds had to do some minor repairs to the PCB but its all good now,I also had to remove some of the light filters on the Top Panel to get the Leds to be bright as possible, Hope this helps someone.check out pic :)

post-95886-1388042647569_thumb.jpg

Deblow    7

Looks great, i know this is a very old post but im new to the forum

Im sure you will have helped others do the same :)

It was almost five years ago when you asked it, but as the other friend says "you might be helping someone else". You did help me. I own both Trooper and Stryker. Less than a week i bought Trooper, the LED in the middle didn't turn on again. As it was the last one available in the store i didn't want to take it back and probably miss the opportunity of having it. I wanted to change LED by myself but as it happened to you i didn't know what type it was until now i'm reading it. Now i'm able to buy it and change it. Thanks a lot.