Sign in to follow this  
esCob4r

CM 690 II Advanced rubber grommets.

esCob4r    0

Any help on this request? Would really be appreciative if I can get these. I can't afford a new case and I really want the cable management rubber grommets. And I don't want to buy a set off of corsair and it might not fit. I have a better chance at the 690 II Advanced plus grommets working.

Any help on this request? Would really be appreciative if I can get these. I can't afford a new case and I really want the cable management rubber grommets. And I don't want to buy a set off of corsair and it might not fit. I have a better chance at the 690 II Advanced plus grommets working.

What version of the case do you have?

I happen to own both the HAF 912 and 690 II Advanced USB 2.0 model cases and the HAF 912 holes are a bit narrower than in the 690 II Advanced case.

I did a grommet mod in my 690 II Advanced USB 2.0 model case using Corsair case grommets, but in the HAF 912 it's tougher because again the holes are narrower so hence never did it with my HAF 912 case.

Here's an older photo with the mod in my 690 II Advanced USB 2.0 case: 900x900px-LL-cda584e0_d9cc03298b5f1aed33060c550fad5e10.jpeg

There are videos that show an alternative if you want to try (your mileage/kilometers may vary) though: Please look at this one first -

then this one,

esCob4r    0

Watching the vids now. Where can I get material like that? Home depot or lowes or something like that?

These are some great mod tutorials which i would like to try. That is the only thing left I have to make my rig look a bit cleaner.

esCob4r    0

The videos are very helpful. Now I just need to try and find a way to get those. I honestly think I could fit the CM 690 II Advanced holes in my holes even though they are narrower. I would just have to use some force to get em in. =/ O well hopefully I will have this taken care of soon. I was hoping I could get some help from a cm employee about the grommets. A buddy of mine told me CM is usually cool about this type of stuff and is more often to be more then happy to send stuff to us.

esCob4r    0

Yah I saw that and checked them out. I need to try and do this local for I don't have a credit card and no funds in my paypal atm.