Sign in to follow this  
stainbox

Aquagate waterblock Cracked!!!

Andrew    0

you can always "make" it fit but i dont think it is suggested because the difference of strenght between the aquagate pump and the swiftech pump. im not sure on the reasons but that is what i have read.

i just changed the motherboard and nothing works. :( dammit... i dunno what to do....

cm_user    0

To: stainbox

Which copper/aluminum waterblock did you replace with? Is it working perfectly? Do I need to modify anything? cuz this is the 2nd time my aquagate waterblock cracks. The first one cracks after about 7 month, then I got a replacement. But now it cracks again within 2 month. I think my video card is dead. I don't want to risk it again with the clear-top waterblock. Thanks in advance!

Teebor    0

Sounds like Coolermaster either made the plexi too thin and it is having problems supporting the weight of the pipes with the water in them.

Or, and possibly more likely.

The plexi isnt standing up to the thermo-expansion caused by the water transfering heat to the plexi and then cooling down again when the computer is turned off.

You could try running the fan in the unit at a higher speed to reduce the water temperature overall and perhaps prevent the problem occuring.

Or (if you don't mind invalidating your warranty) replace the plexi with a better piece, a local company should be able to cut a bit to fit.

:)

Teebor

Karma Ghost    0

I think if the plexi were too thin, then it would break more often. There have been relatively few people who have had this problem and have come to the forum for support... yet when there are other machining issues people flock here with their problem.

Teebor    0
I think if the plexi were too thin, then it would break more often. There have been relatively few people who have had this problem and have come to the forum for support... yet when there are other machining issues people flock here with their problem.

I know that if I had a problem the first thing I would have done is gone to the technical helpdesk by some method, rather than post on a forum. But I know exactly what you mean.

Would you believe that until today, by poking around on the forums, I have never heard a complaint about a coolermaster product?

Personally I have never had a problem and they are always the first that I consider when looking for something that is made by more then one manufacturer.

Teebor

I sent a request for support to coolermaster 2 weeks ago and never received a reply yet. This is getting kind of frustrating. :x

stainbox    0

in regards of waterblock, basically you can buy any 3/8¨ waterblock, you may need to change the tubing though, but personally im using the Zalman ZM-WB2 waterblock, that has application for p4-amd64-amdk7, as well as different plugs for tubing sizes... and the best thing at all, is that it doesn´t crack.

A friends Aquagate (whichhe purchased at my recommendation) leaked around the waterblock last night apparently causing a potential loss of motherboard/power supply/graphics card.

I have asked him to try and test things out tonight but we are pretty sure that the graphics card was a loss as it had "a couple of drops of water" on it and alot of smoke.

If he does find cracks to his Aquatrident, is ron still the point of contact for the UK ?

merovingian    0
A friends Aquagate (whichhe purchased at my recommendation) leaked around the waterblock last night apparently causing a potential loss of motherboard/power supply/graphics card.

I have asked him to try and test things out tonight but we are pretty sure that the graphics card was a loss as it had "a couple of drops of water" on it and alot of smoke.

If he does find cracks to his Aquatrident, is ron still the point of contact for the UK ?

OUCH! :shock: Well, if you follow the directions I believe it says to run it for 24 hours before using it on a powered computer to make sure nothing leaks. I can't see why the leak would sprink up for no reason after the 24 hours. Maybe your buddy installed it incorrectly and didn't test the unit as directed. That's not your fault, right? Anyway, if you want a fast response I would create a new thread called, "Testing how fast CM europe gets back to me" in the user feedback area and in it post a copy of the email you send to ron and cc to bryant and PM ron with a copy of the email. Make sure to include, "let me know when you read this" and "what steps do I need to take to resolve this". But thats just me, good luck. :P

Well I always play nice before cheeky and then angry :)

He has had the system over a month and uses both the Aquatrident and turtle, I have told him to remote the Aquagate and to use the pin system to try and check for where the leak may have occured. Of course when I recommdended the Aquagate, I had never tried the Aquatrident - it just looked cool.

Seems the leak also damaged the motherboard anyway and the resulting surge(?) actually welded the graphics card (6600 gt) to the motherboard.

On the plus side he is ditching the Intel motherboard (which is a total loss), keeping the RAM and buying a dual core 4800+, HiperR PSU, 7800 gt and a fatal1ty sli mobo