Sign in to follow this  
stainbox

Aquagate waterblock Cracked!!!

firkin    0

They didnt really tell me anything but will my fried parts be replaced to? And if so is there some where on the RMA that i have to fill that out at?

madneon    0

I guess you do that under description and I think if you get open office ( google it) you can open the file.

Man, this just happened to me last night!! I bought the aquagate a month ago and also had to purchase an AquaTrident to use with my lga 775 cpu. Installation went easy, I followed all directions and even leak tested for 5 days before full install. No problems untill last night when I came home and noticed my display was garbled (looked like the video card was set on 16 colors), so I hit the reset button on my system and every time winxp boots up it would bring the Blue Screen Of Death. So I opened the case to have a closer look without the plexi window in the way, and saw drips of the coolant dripping off the video card. lucky that was the only thing that got fried and not the mobo. I then proceeded to look at the AquaTrident and saw not 1, BUT 2 cracks. one is on the right hand side in the middle and the other is located right underneath the middle fitting. Now I know I didn't do anything wrong, I don't even overclock my system so I don't know how this happened. I will send this info to the customer support and se if I can get this resolved because I really do like CM products and reccomend them to all of my friends. I just hope I'm not out a video card and waterblock . :cry: PS, I will have pictures later today

Upon further inspection of the AquaTrident with a brighter flashlight, I found MULTIPLE CRACKS all around the middle fitting in addition to the two on the right hand side.

Dsc00032.jpg

I apologise for the fuzziness of the pic, its a crappy camera. I circled where the cracks are in red.

madneon    0

Sorry bout your equipment well I sent off my block to CM I assume they are gonna send me a replacement block but since I had the old block and you had the new block and they both cracked I have since replaced my block with another coppertop and will not put another clear top WB on my system.

I sent an email to customer support yesterday so I hope this can get taken care of soon. For now I'm stuck with my old system and it's so damn slow. The silver lining is that I'll be away on business from this friday for two weeks so I won't need it untill I get back. Still sucks though. No Battlefield 2 for awhile. :x

Andrew    0

I woke up this morning to find my new rig dead. my aqua trident cracked on the side next to one of the outlet, coolant everywhere. i just built this rig too, god i am so pissed right now considering i did a 2-3 day leak test also. gonna get another mobo and see if that works, i can feel heat coming out of the 7800 so im guessin that still works, but the heat sink on the dual core is cold. i was using a highend pump and a 120 rad, not the aquagate.

stainbox    0

im really sorry to hear that it happened to you also.. im one of the first ones that experienced this problem, i think that the fittings are to tight to the plexi piece on the top of the waterblock, to the waterflow makes it crack after use. i lost a mobo and a video card. i posted here thinking in a replacement, but i didn't want to take the chance of going again with the waterblock. so i Bought another brand, all copper/aluminium, that performs better. anyway i was going to ask you. what pump you used with the aquagate system? since mine died yesterday and im looking to replace it with the same pump or a better one. you are the 4th or 5th person that has a cracked waterblock.. and i think there are more to come. this might not be the right time to ask you about the pump, but if you can answer me, i would really appreciate it. please post me the specs and brand of your pump to check if i can buy the same than yours.

Thanks,

Pascal.

Andrew    0

the pump i used is a swiftech mcp655, 317 gph, my setup was getting me 38c on the dual core and about 33 on the 7800. the pump works well and can easily be plugged inside your case along with your fans etc. it is also adjustable to how fast you want it to pump the water.

i agree with you also, i dont think im going to risk this again considering that i am not fithy rich. as far as i know, it seems as if my video card might still work since it is hot, but i think the cpu is fried since no coolant was going to it. mobo fried, and the sound card also. i think im going to stick with air or maybe move to all copper blocks.

stainbox    0

ok andrew... thx, but just 1 last question.. can you plug that pump into the aquagate with no problem at all?