Sign in to follow this  
canadaman

Hyper 212 standoff size

canadaman    0

New member here.

I recently discovered that I'd lost the standoffs to my Hyper 212 plus so I can't mount it. There's a hardware store nearby that sells just about anything so I bet they have a suitable replacement. Can anyone tell me the height of the standoffs so I could get the right size? I think they're about 1/4" tall on the CPU side. It'll be going in a tower so I want to make sure it's properly secured.

Thanks!

canadaman    0

I can't remember when it was purchased. Maybe a year or two? So it's certainly out of warranty now.

I looked at the accessory kit but shipping kills it. $6 is fine but another $8 for shipping? I can get a new Hyper 212+ online for an extra couple bucks after rebate or I can spend maybe $3 for some hardware and get it working. I have another old cooler (Hyper 48) sitting around because I lost its mounting hardware too. I'm seeing a pattern here. Hopefully a couple of stand offs will solve the problem this time.

Here's an example of what I'm planning on getting.

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/round- ... sst=subset

Thanks!