Sign in to follow this  

Official CM STACKER Forum! Post All Stackers here :)

Echo    0
Hey Echo is it me or is your top drive falling toward the back?

lol... that is the floppy drive that I asked to be excused, been flashing BIOS'es lately so have left it sitting internally :) really need that bracket :)

dks    0
Hmm if dks is right, I might switch my Stacker one of these days to BTX form.

Do you remember how much of a temp difference there was when switching to BTX?

I believe that the temperature difference is around 5C (which I think is significant).

Echo    0
Very nice Echo, shame it's not on your desk :)

the_desk.jpg

Now you can see why it is on the floor :D and I cleaned the desk up a "little" for this photo ;) hopefully she will be off the floor and back on the desk in a week or so, just need to throw out some bits and pieces, tidy a bit more and then mount my switch and router up on the wall. Also need to make space below the desk for my FTP and WWW server (a P3 hack job system, all she needs is a gfx card and some more HDD space, but she will do the job ;)) lol, maybe I will even build her a custom case. You should have seen the desk before, I had another 2 of those HP 15 inchers on the desktop, looked like a "hackers" pad :D

Peace,

Echo

CHEESEWHiZ    0

New pics...

DSC00083.jpg

DSC00091.jpg

DSC00090.jpg

I got another rounded IDE cable(red) in but I will be swapping it with my old blue one that I lent to a friend.

The pictures are small because the file sizes are too big even as jpegs.

Hey CheeseWhiz nice Stacker.

Sometimes I wonder if I should have gotten UV Cathodes, but then again I don't really have anything that is UV Reactive, plus all my cables are pretty much hidden so the UV wouldn't do much even if I had UV Reactive sleeving.

Anyway I see you play alot of CS:Source... You should play sometime with me, Miyagi, and Voong. We play pretty often also. Me and Miyagi were running it hard all last night. LOL

I put your AIM name on my BL, I'll talk to u when you come on.

Echo    0
:) it's looking better... promise ;) O.K. I'm lazy... but once it is all done up I will post photo's of the whole room, until then... just photos of my lovely STACKER :D

P Hill    0
Basically the CPU runs cooler with the case in BTX style because cool air from the bottom of the case passes over the memory and CPU, which is then exhausted by the 120 mm fan near the CPU.

I don't think that's the whole story. The new BTX spec calls for the CPU to be relocated to the front centre of the motherboard. It also calls for a new style CPU cooler that draws cool air from the front of the case and redirects it down on top of the CPU. That is what's supposed to improve the CPU cooling.

Have a look at http://www.formfactors.org/devlist.asp?FFID=12&CatID=-1

I don't see how simply changing the orientation of an ATX motherboard is going improve the cooling (regardless of what the posters in the other forum are saying). However, when there is some quantifiable evidence (rather than some hear say) to the contrary I would be happy to admit I was wrong.

Keep in mind the new form factor was designed to cool down the next generation of Intel chips. I don't think users of AMD chips get anything out of it.