Sign in to follow this  

Official CM STACKER Forum! Post All Stackers here :)

P Hill    0

In addition to the stacker I got 2 additional 4in3 units so I can load it up with disks (my current system has 5 and I plan to put in an additional 4) and a cross flow fan.

Once I have the 3 4in3's installed with the floppy and DVD drive I'll be using all the slots. Even with the case empty I've had a little trouble getting the front mesh off and have had to poke them from behind. With the system loaded is there an easy (or otherwise) method of removing the mesh when there is no rear access?

I have quite a few connections on the back of my PC using the PCI risers and would prefer not to connect the the crossflow fan one as to do so would mean disconnecting one of the others. Obviously I would have no space on the front of the stacker for another control. Can I just connect the crossflow to one of the motherboard fan controllers (I have a giga-byte 8KNXP Rev1)? Or failing that can I just connect it to the power supply with a resister so it won't always be running on high?

My board also only has two connectors for 4 of the 6 front USB ports. With the lack of PCI slot space I can't put in another PCI USB card. Can someone give me a reference to some instructions to mod a small USB hub that I could hide in the case connected to one of my motherboard connectors and drive 4 of the USB slots?

Thank You

NeOn    0

I have that problem too. I think you could easily enough splice the wires of the usb to hook up another one? or get those little pin stip things, plug 1 into each usb cable, join them together, and plug it into the motherboard? i dunno if that would work.

NeOn    0

Now whats the point of having UV cables if i cant see them ey? im quite happy with the way it is now methinks... I just need some more UV cathodes

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

they're not a solid colour and look more aesthetically pleasing than non uv ones.

Mr. Miyagi    2

If you like the way it looks NeOn, you don't need to follow our suggestions. :wink: In my opinion, I think UV looks the best when it's "loopy" and looks like the wires are hoses in a water cooling kit.

CHEESEWHiZ    0
neon nice work looks tidy tho id attempt to hide the cathodes more.

cheesewiz nice, youve got a new hyper 6 there mines getting old its got burns on the contact and my fins havecurved from the heat. btw clean it out reguarly.

By regularly you mean like once a week?

Karma Ghost    0

It all depends on how dusty it gets. Take a look at how much it accumulates in a week and clean it. Then if that isn't much, try again in 2 weeks. Once you see how dirty it gets depending on your living space, work out a schedule from there.