Sign in to follow this  
dbit

Which direction to install the hyper 212 evo

dbit    0

I'm getting ready to do this build and am curious, all the pics in the manual show the fan to the right of the radiator if I'm looking straight down onto the motherboard. So this fan blows across the radiator and out towards the outake fan in the back, is that correct? Is this the preferred/recommended setup?

I've heard others talking about installing with the radiator/fan rotated 90 degrees and the fan on the top pushing air down, to avoid blowing hot air across the 1st set of ram slots and other traces in that area.

Am I right in the first assumption, the fan to the right of the radiator?

What's the configuration if I decide to add another fan?

dbit    0

Ok. I looked on the fan for an indication of which way the air flows but didn't see anything. I guess I'll just have to check when I breadboard the system.

EvilKitty    0

You can mount it either way blowing air up or to the rear

Installing it so it blows up may prevent you from removing/installing ram into the 1st (possibly second) ram slot depending on your motherboard

If you have a top mounted PSU blow the air to the rear of the case so the fan will suck the hot air out if you have a top/rear fan it is a personal preference

The idea is to get hot air out of the case

samoht25    3

On our fans, on the side of the fan frames you will see arrows that directs you to which way the fan spins and blows out air.

DimitriAus    0
You should mount the fan blowing to the exhaust fan of the case.

Look at 6/6 image for better clarification.

http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=6603

I have got 212 as well as 612. Both fans prevent access to RAM if I put it as on the picture above. Plus it blocks air flow to RAM causing overheating. I installed the sink as shown in manuals - facing to the case back. But it blows air wrong way - inwards. What is the solution ? Can I reverse fan direction by rewiring ?

I'm using the same cooler, but I have mounted a second fan on the other side to have a push/pull configuration. Both fans are blowing air towards the back of the case where the rear exhaust fan is. This is the best way to add it, as you shouldn't have any hot air coming in from the front area of your case. If you mount the cooler sucking air from the bottom, you will be sucking the already hot air from the graphics card/s.

samoht25    3

You can slightly move the fan upward from the bottom of the heat sink to give more space for your rams. Both fans should be blowing towards the rear of the case. You can just reverse the direction of the fan to make it blow the other way.

samoht25    3

take off the bracket and reverse the fans so both fans are blowing in the same direction. If the rams are blocking, raise the fan slightly to prevent it from touching one another.