Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mindless Moron

More overclocking

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

It's getting higher and higher, took me ages to get it to run stable like this

sigasi1-clock4.jpg im getting 44idel and 59full load, im gonna replace the AS5 on my heatsink i think and use slightly more than reccomended.

VoongKoong    0

Don't apply more AS5. It causes buildup and higher temperature. Less than a milimeter layer of AS5 is recommended.

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

I've used the reccomended ammount, im considering a higher output fan i've got a cm neon one 32 cfm 2500rpm 25dB gonna stick a 120 right infront of it so more airflow getting in. i'm gradually upping it, im aiming for a 250FSB by christmas.

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

she'll hold, i had my 2.8B up to 4ghz before it was unstable as :) and needed alot of voltage but she could do it. my mates pumping 1.6 volts through his prescott.

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

i can im just waiting for my additional cooling to come, im gonna have to push it to 1.6 volts i think so im gonna need the crossflow. shes going to be 4ghz with 250fsb by christmas probabbly on christmas tho knowing me its a pretty big jump

Wacft    0

you got major cajones my friend! im afraid to bump mine from 2.09 to 2.1.

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

he can get it much higher than that my mates 2500 runs at 3200 speeds with 400fsb]

overclocking is more trial and error u gotta get the right stepping, you've got to do it at small increments to get it to work correctly and you' ll know where the cmos flash jumper is off by heart.