Sign in to follow this  
esCob4r

Is it normal..

esCob4r    0

For my +12v rail to change from 12+v to 11.5v ish sometimes lower. Never goes below 11v though. I am tracking this through PC Probe. I currently just bought and installed a CM 850 Silent Pro M PSU.

footman    0
For my +12v rail to change from 12+v to 11.5v ish sometimes lower. Never goes below 11v though. I am tracking this through PC Probe. I currently just bought and installed a CM 850 Silent Pro M PSU.

This is a great power supply. I would not trust any software to measure your rails. The rail will fluctuate during idle and load, if your computers starts to freeze or crash during load tests then I might consider it to be a power supply related issue, however I test my power supplies with a power supply tester (google) as well as a multimeter during load and at idle. 11.40v to 12.60v is usually falls in to atx ranges.

esCob4r    0

Ok so its normal for my 12v rail to fluctuate some. Cool. I am loving this PSU so far. The looks, ease of access, the amount of video cards I can hook up to it with no adapter. Now just if I could actually use more then 4 cables I would be solid HAHA. Meaning I have nothing to plug anything into at the moment.

boredgunner    0

Yeah don't trust software. I've had software tell me that my +12v rail was at 9v, and I doubt it would boot like that. I confirmed that it was at around 11.9v. Your PSU won't fluctuate down to 11.5v unless it's near the end of its life cycle.