Sign in to follow this  
Aslund

Abit KV8 pro with Hyper6

Aslund    0

Does the Hyper6 fit Abit´s KV8 pro motherboard?

Is there any real risk of doing damange on the motherboard/CPU with that weight that the cooler has (1 kg) if the computer is standing still?

How do I transport my computer with this cooler?

Grump    0

Aslund,

Yes, as the product literature states, the Hyper 6 is suitable for all K8 processors. It should fit just fine.

The Hyper 6 is a heavy cooler and should be removed prior to transporting your computer. When the computer is stationary, there's no reason to believe there would be a problem with the cooler.

Grump

Aslund    0

http://www.gamepc.com/images/labs/rev-k ... oardLG.jpg

I do not think that the Hyper 6 will fit because of that little black thing a bit under the NB cooler, it is very close to the hole on the upper left corner.

[edited by the moderator to remove image tags. the image is still viewable by clicking on the link. images should be no larger than 600px wide to prevent users from having to scroll left and right to view all the content on the page.]

Aslund,

From the look of the motherboard, I think it will fit. I base my answer not on that i have the board and tried it on but I installed the Hyper6 with a mini atx board and it fits perfectly. You can try it and see how that fits but from my experience with that small motherboard, i think it will fit fine. Please becareful when you try it out though. Do not pressure anything in if you feel like it's not going in there. Good luck and post back your result if you decide to try it.

Aslund    0

Ok, I have decided to try it and now I am waiting to get it together with the Stacker ;)

If I want 2 fans, what should I do, there are only 4 screws = 1 fan?

Ok, I have decided to try it and now I am waiting to get it together with the Stacker ;)

If I want 2 fans, what should I do, there are only 4 screws = 1 fan?

One of the fan will fit on one side, the other fan will fit on the opposite side of it. I have a picture in the post before where you can see dual fans attached. Here's the link http://www.coolermaster.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=90

The second fan you have, doesn't it come with a set of screws? The two LED fans i used came with screws so that's what i used.