Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'steampunk'.
Found 1 result
-Introduction- Welcome to my latest project, the steampunk mastercase, for those that don't know me my name is Ian Duncanson, im a 27 year old modder from Melbourne Australia, i have been modding on and off for the last few years. and am also active in a lot of the social media pages on facebook. well enough about me and onto the build... the concept here is simple turn this beautiful case into something that looks like its from the turn of the century (19th-20th) for you youngins.... steampunk as the name suggests derives from the early days where to power anything you needed water and fire and some basic witchcraft enured... for those that have read jules verne will understand... those that havent.. google and pintrest are your friends have fun.... -The Build- So on to the actual build.. ill list the specs in a moment most of the parts i already have but the gpu i purchased same day as the case so it made a guest appearance in a few pics... -MOBO- ASUS Z170AR -CPU- INTEL I5 6600K -RAM- KINGSTON HYPERX 2133MHZ DDR - 4X4GB KIT -SSD- KINGSTON V300 120GB -HDD (S)- WD GREEN 1 TB / WD 1TB SSHD -GPU- ASUS STRIX R9 390 8GB DCUIII -PSU- SILVERSTONE 700WATT -CASE- COOLER MASTER MASTER CASE 5 -WATERCOOLING- CUSTOM LOOP - MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON So there's the components, now to the modding... to start i stripped the case as the above pic shows. i then prepped the parts for either paint or vinyl depending on which. i used the following paints and vinyls to get the desired effects. Rustoleum forged hammered (burnished amber) rustoleum (gloss black) dy mark enamel (metalic rust) cherry rosewood vinyl from an ebay store i found this stuff looks amazing. Here's the first batch.. top panel front panel and front lower main grille panels followed by the psu mounts and top 2 front grille panels Main chassis and front bezel note its masked up so only some of it is painted. the feet of the case and ssd mounts, hard drive bays and pci shields (first coat pre ageing) i had to wrap the sides twice because i ballsed it up first time around... as you may be able to see the very top is exposed on the front edge. reassembled and ready for the fun to begin. so now i was ready to start planning water cooling styles and how id make the loop tie in...after seeing this little beauty on pintrest... i had my eureka moment. so off to work i went... i made a shroud for the space that the departing 5 1/2 bay and relocated 3 1/2 bay made measured and drilled the mount holes for the pump. its a wrap... geddit... and planned what to do to make the pump not look so out of place... lets face it it big black and frankly F*****G ugly so i wrapped the top and sprayed the bottom... we have a pump that fits the theme now.... but what to do with the res.... now this is almost the end of this stage as the res is still unfinished... now im a scrounger and a tight :) at heart... i could have gone out brought new material and fabbed it all myself out of real copper parts and brass etc... but stuff that... i like making something from nothing... so with an auspost mail tube 2 caps and and old top panel grille from an old case.... i made this ugly looking thing... well ugly for now.... ^before AFTER PAINT.... i must say i love how it came together. well friends that is as far as this journey has come so far... please tune in or sub for more in coming weeks... hopefully an announcement or 2 to make things really interesting...