on with the modding. Did a test fit with the mdf rollcage. I/o panel fits quite good but think i will lower it another mm into the frame to get the whole motherboard a bit closer to the panel. The hummer had very large hole after i removed the weapons, decided to make a cover for it and install a fan there. Milled out of acrylic and will be painted a bit later. Still has a small hole for a on/off button but need to have a think about what i want to do with it. Cut a slot in the back panel and removed some support material in order to get the motherboard and GPU to fit. Still needs some cleaning up but need to make sure everything fits before i make it look nice. In order to get a flush fit between the GPU and the back panel i made an 2mm aluminum back plate. For some reason i programmed the chamfering around the dvi port a bit wrong so i took too much off. Shouldn't have watched tv while programming Will still be good for a test fit New stickers for the fans. The original strix stickers didn't really fit the build. First idea for the Hummer and GPU would be to use plastidip. Everyone seems to be liking it and it looks decent in pictures. So bought a few cans and tried it on the GPU. After trying it twice i decided to use normal paint. It didn't look right, it had quite an uneven surface and it just felt cheap. I guess for a motherboard with lots of components and uneven surfaces its not so noticeable. So here is the final pic of the GPU with normal spray paint. Last but not least did decide to have a test run of the components. Have had the motherboard for quite some time but hadn't gotten around to test it. Have never gotten a dead mb so wasn't so worried. All worked fine except the gpu, in the end it needed a shielded pcie riser from 3m, tried a few different ebay cables but non of them worked. The 3M ones are expensive but seems to be bulletproof.
The bracket for the Radiator/roof mount Part of the rollcage, getting a hang of the mill now, getting great surface finish without the need for sanding All parts of the rollcage assembled, seems to be very stable. Quick test assembly with the motherboard. Some support brackets for the GPU As always there is something you don't plan for. Had to change one of the sides to make space for the PCI-e riser. Decided to powedercoat the black bits and the white is just normal spray paint. Think the back bit will look better together with the hummer once its painted. Time for some primer! And some white paint! Had to see how it looks together with the wheels, still missing bits and doing the windows,
Painted the radiator/roof mount. decided for black, there's quite a lot of white already The nepton cooler with the mount fitted rotated the logo so it's the right way, not really necessary but i do like it when the text is not upside down A quick test if everything aligns. Seems pretty dead on Started adding stickers to the car. S/N 0052 is the serial number on the board. Also installed the lights with leds and cabling. Now they light up when the computer is running. Added a switch though so i can turn them of if they are too powerful. Spent a long time getting the red stickers cut. Seems like cutting a perfectly round circle is a lot harder than i anticipated One side complete Lights installed! Top fan fitted! Slight bend in the roof but if i tighten the screws a bit more i should get rid of the tiny gap. Also did all the windows. Final photos in the next update! A little sneak preview