I would like to welcome you to my this years entry which is going to be a scratch cooler mod based on Coolermasters V6GT Cpu cooler!
I am going to improvise once again so expect constant changes and a theme based on abstract art. So lets start!
Here I fully disassembled the cooler. The only part I am going to use is the heatsink and the fans.
The main materials that I am going to use with my creation is aluminum and acrylic. Here I use some aluminum angles for the main part which
is going to connect the heatsink with the custom body. First I created two same pieces for each side but afterward I changed my mind and used only one as
I changed my original plans!
I am using the most simple tools for that creation as I wanted to enjoy this instead of using laser or cnc which I have easy access to them. Back to basics for more modding joy and to showoff my skills!!!
Testing the holes for the main screws. 100 % success!
Adding the thread inserts for the fan screws.
For the top part I used a 5mm clear acrylic piece I had spare lying around which it was already bend too! Also removed a piece from the aluminum part
for maximum airflow.
Next I created a piece out of 2mm aluminum for my custom fan holder. Took me a while to cut and file it due to the use of simple tools!
Here is the creation of my custom fan shroud. I used a 1mm aluminum sheet which I bended on a 120mm surface by using a plastic hammer.
Mark it in order to cut 2 same pieces.
I draw a 120 mm circle in order to make sure everything is bend properly. I connected the 2 pieces with 5mm X 2cm acrylic which I filed into the desired shape.
Next part is the piece which is going to hold the shroud on the main top part. Simple tools and files were used so it took me a while!
I used an aluminum grey spray paint I found accidentally in the DIY store which turned out to be so strong imitating almost powder coating!
I removed the frame from the fans as I am going to make custom ones. The fan stickers are the same I used for the Future Schlock Project I did in the past.
More parts from acrylic were created for the top part and more will follow!! I also polished the shroud holder instead of painting it!
Thats all for now guys, thanks for watching my work, till next update, peace!