I'm a long time user of the CM Storm Spawn. Been using it for a decade. I even own two of them. I dread the day they will die on me.
If that day ever came, I thought I'd buy a Xornet, but I see now they've been discontinued too, replaced by the MM520.
We all understand some adjustments are required to make a product evolve. Attempts to make it better.
However like many, I feel the MM520 is going in the wrong direction with the body changes. In my opinion, making a longer/bigger evolution doesn't make sense for Claw-Grip.
If the target audience for this product line is indeed the claw-grip types... then I hope the next iteration brings back a design much closer to the Spawn/Xornet.
The CM Storm Spawn remains the unequalled legendary mouse for the following reasons:
- its wide-body is comfortable for claw-grip
- the ring-finger rest was revolutionary,
- the signature grippy sides are perfect for locking between thumb and pinky
- the buttons were conveniently placed out of the way for the claw-grip, yet close enough for use
- the asymmetric shape made it more ergonomic
- the overall size was medium-small, short enough to move under the claw of most users, even with smaller hands
Is it time for the ReSpawn yet? (credit Hyp0xia)
That would be awesome. A Spawn remake with newer components is a guaranteed success with claw-grip gamers.
- If I may, I would suggest bringing back original names for the products. Spawn and Xornet sounded great. MM520 on the other hand is pretty bland / lackluster.
- The best Claw-Grip mouse ever made by humankind deserve a name with more panache!
I hope my feedback can help you with your product development.