Leaderboard


Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 10/07/2019 in all areas

  1. 1 point
    final pictures time. I want to thank everyone that followed along this project! Note that some pictures the fan color shows as blue, but it is not (i don't have a professional camera). Also pictures are scaled down in quality because of the 30MB limit. Before that i want to thank my sponsors Coolermaster, AsRock, BeQuiet for their support. The complete speccs of the system: Mainboard: AsRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming-ITX/ac CPU: AMD Ryzen 2600 GPU: Inno3D RTX 2060 Twin X2 RAM: GSkill Aegis 8 GB DDR4-3000 CPU Cooler: Coolermaster MASTERAIR MA610P Case-Cooling: 4x 80mm BeQuiet Pure Wings 2 FanController: XSPC 8 way PWM Splitter SSD: 2x Gigabyte 120GB PSU: BeQuiet SFX L Power 600W Accessiores: 2x 90° Coolermaster 24 Pin Adapter
  2. 1 point
    With the outside kinda wrapping up, let's put the inside together.With the PSU mounted, I can set the height of my GPU and attach the bracket to keep it from flopping around. I epoxied the piece of aluminum because I didn't want to drill holes in the backplate to mount the bracket.And I got everything put on the board except for the cooling.I also wrangled some switches from another build. I don't think they're permanent, but I do need a way to turn it off and on.Starting to run the cables. The switches will go on the CF frame above the GPU if your looking at this pic. The panel they're on uses the same mounts the frame does.At this point I was waiting on seeing what I was going to be using for cooling so I checked to see if what I had so far fit.I also knocked out some decals to break up the solid black. How about a nice NVIDIA green .At this point, I couldn't wait. QuakeCon was a few days away and my cooling stuff hadn't come in, so I went with Plan B/sorta Plan A.5. I wanted to get this into the CM World Series, but couldn't for the life of me figure out how, none of their PSU's even come close to fitting and I'm not gonna put a few fans in it and call it good. But, I needed a cooler, and I happened to know where a Cooler Master MasterLiquid Pro 240 was. Off to my parents house!Yes, I stole the cooler off my parents computer. I'm a horrible person. But I did put a Scythe Grand Kama Cross 3 back on, which is not only cool looking but dead quiet. Not that they even care, the only question I got was could they still use it.And cooler installed on the board. Installing this thing in the shell is going to be....interesting.Actually just mounting the MB to the frame was interesting. Yes, I had to pull a stick of RAM to plug in the PSU. I mean, we've all run into that before, right? Right?!?But I would guess most people haven't had to ream out the mounting holes of the PSU to gain that 1/16th of an inch so they could get the RAM stick back in and working. Just guessing.I think doing a little testing with this spaghetti monster might be a good idea before shoving it into the shell.It all works and next time I'll start cleaning it all up so I can shoehorn it into it's home. Thanks for following along and thanks to my sponsors:
  3. 1 point
    - Rivet time !! - Was finally time to put the rivets for the top handle in, which also would be one of my integrity points. Because cutting the midplate lip of the case, and not having handle in it wasn’t the strongest.
  4. 1 point
    - Lower cabinet bends and drain support !! - Had to finish up the bends in the lower part of the case, as well as install drain. - Drain ended up being a bit heavy, so I decided to cut the rod of a Coolermaster GPU support bracket in half to get it to fit and use that as a support. End result was awesome !
  5. 1 point
    - Finishing up top half liquid cooling & lower cabinet ! - I wanted the cleanest look possible, so bulkheads and the least angle fittings I would need, all PETG bend work. And honestly for my first time, it wasn’t that hard with a variable temperature heat gun. - I did every bend by eye as well, I did have to remake a few bends but no big deal. - The drain was one of the first things I thought of for this build. I really wanted something hidden but practical and fit for the look of the theme.