All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. I would like to fit a long PSU (200mm long) into HAF XB Evo. The spec of the case says it supports PSU of length up to 180mm. I am considering removing the X-Dock that sits in front of the PSU to allow more space for the PSU. However, it appears that removing the X-Dock would leave a hole at the front. Is there anything you can buy to cover up the hole, say a filter?
  4. printing more needed stuff... spacers psu mounting the whole lower hardware-slider mainboard plate fan holders (although i changed them to 2x 80mm with a slot for ssd) wheels and of course as you might have noticed, the frames got painted (lots of times, making the best of many mistakes...haha) also was able to put it all together for a nice preview.
  5. cutting and rasping/sanding the front and back acrylic (5mm).
  6. hey can you switch the side panel on a masterbox td500 to a tempered glass one
  7. Timpelay

SL600Mi

03: ROG HARDWARE MADNESS ASUS ROG Sweden decided to help me out with this project providing some epic hardware for it! Damn I love building with mITX motherboards. ASUS ROG Z390i STRIX ASUS ROG RTX2070 STRIX ASUS ROG THOR 850W PLATINUM Hardware left to source out: CPU RAM SSD All liquid cooling will be EK Waterblocks together with some unique custom parts especially made for this #CMWS19
  8. Have there been any updates on this? Your technical support is saying that this is the only option for me to control my lighting but this is not available. When is this happening?
  9. I had to disconnect the controller completely while powered on to get it to work again. Haven't had a problem since. Now if they would just allow me to control my Aura Sync through Masterplus like they said you could do.
  10. Having the same issues. Tech told me I can control my Asus Aura lighting through Masterplus but there is option to do so and is not visible through the SW. Sounds like they screwed up.
  11. Update your firmware and software to Asus Aura Sync to communicate with your ARGB hub through a USB Header. Masterplus works via this method but does not allow for Asus Aura to see it.
  12. Preparing some details
  13. Mounted the GPU between the base and the case using MNPCTECH Vertical GPU Mount. The Vertical GPU Mount was ionized black, so I painted it chalk-gray, then smudged it with chalk-black after that. The green cables going around the perimeter of the base are the actual power cables for the GPU. They go from the GPU, all the way around the base, into the base, up the pipes into the top case, out the top of the case and back down into the Power Supply. GPU Power Cables alone was 136 Feet of wiring.
  14. I had never made my own wires before but I wanted ALL of this Mod to be made by me this time. So although I was going to need custom wires, I didn't want anything fancy that would look new and not match the time period or rugged look of the mod. I searched online through a ton of different options and found this fantastic Green with Yellow 16 AWG striped wire that looked great against the gray, and fit the time period of the mod perfectly. I used for the entire mod. 24 Pin ATX, 8 Pin EPS (CPU), 2 x 8 Pin PCIe (VGA), and a SATA Power Connector for the Fans and Lightning. I ended up using 250 Feet of wire throughout the entire mod.
  15. This is the Gauge I mounted on the side of the main box. I really wanted to mod more that I ever had before, so I purchased single LEDs and wired a white LED into this gauge so it would be illuminated when the PC was on. I later wired the LED through an industrial toggle switch that allows it to be turned on and off.
  16. I painted the inside of the main case with Glow-In-The-Dark paint, so that the lighting inside the case would charge up the glow particles in the paint, and when you turn off the lights or the PC, the inside of the case would remain glowing. I made my own Glow-In-The-Dark paint by mixing Matte Medium with Glow Pigment Powder. I used about twice as much glow powder as what you are supposed to, so that it would have an extra bright glow effect. The pictures in the worklog are in a pitch black room with the only lighting coming from the glow pigment inside the case.
  17. To cut the panels out of the metal housing, I first made paper stencils to make sure it all lined up correctly, measured multiple times and got to work. I cut out the top of the case for the Motherboard Rear I/O, the rear of the case for the exhaust fan, and the side of the case for the main window and large power gauge.
  18. The power supply is by far one of my favorite parts of this mod. I purchased an old residential power switch housing at an estate sale with the intent of using it as the power supply shroud for my mod. Inside it will house an SFX 650W Power Supply. The holes were cut for the vent, power switch, and the fan intake. Rubber u-channel molding was used to make the edges look cleaner and more professional.
  19. This log is a little bit out of order, but I placed it here because it relates to the wood base. I wanted to add some sort of metal badge/plaque to the wood base, and as I was opening up a drink with my NVIDIA Bottle Opener, I had the idea to cut it and mount it on the base. So I bid farewell to it, thanked it for its service, and got out the rotary cutter.
  20. I made a custom I/O Panel for the rear of the wood base, which included ports for AC Power, Ethernet, Video, and 3 sets of 2 USB Ports (6 total).
  21. Once the Wood Stain dried, the hardware was then added to the wood base, including the front I/O Ports, which included a se of VR Ports (HDMI + USB 3.0) and a set of USB 3.0 ports as well. USB 3.0 Front Ports VR Front Ports
  22. I had also never stained wood before, so again I watched a video online on how to stain wood and on how to achieve a distressed look with new pine. I utilized a multi-stain method, using Kona Stain, and Sunbleached Stain, sanding between the layers of different color stain.
  23. The base will be attached to the top by using steel pipes. I set the pipes and main housing on top of the new wood box to mark where all of the holes needed to be cut, as I will have wiring inside the pipes connecting I/O ports on the wood base.
  24. I had never built anything out of wood before, so I watched a few videos online on how to make a box, purchased a few tools and I was off!
  25. I am also having the same issue, have to open the case up and use the controller to change the effects. Maybe coolermaster can send a service agent out and fix the issue for us :)
  26. Yesterday
  27. 20 days passed and I did not get any reply from support team, either by email or by forum
  1. Load more activity